Sunday, February 23, 2014

Paradise lies at the feet of your mother

The P Muhammad (pbuh) said in a famous narration: 'Paradise lies at the feet of your mother' [Sunan Ibn Mâjah] 

Hadith: Abu Huraira reported that a person said: Allah's Messenger, who amongst the people is most deserving of my good treatment? He said: Your mother, again your mother, again your mother, then your father, then your nearest relatives according to the order (of nearness). 


Qur'an: 46:15 (Asad) NOW [among the best of the deeds which] We have enjoined upon the human is goodness towards his parents.
>>> In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth; and her bearing him and his utter dependence on her took thirty months. <<<
and so, when s/he attains to full maturity and reaches forty years, s/he [that is righteous] prays: “O my Sustainer! Inspire me so that I may forever be grateful for those blessings of Thine with which Thou hast graced me and my parents, and that I may do what is right [in a manner] that will meet with Thy goodly acceptance; and grant me righteousness in my offspring [as well]. Verily, unto Thee have I turned in repentance: for, verily, I am of those who have surrendered themselves unto Thee!” 


Hadith: “Be at your mother’s feet and there is the Paradise.” (Ibn Majah, Sunan, no. 2771)

No comments:

Post a Comment